Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Howlin' Ra Ship Docks in Duff's Garage

Since my birthday's this week, I'm looking to have a par-tay!

That means I'll be slavin' over a hot piano in good old Duff's Garage down in Portland this Friday (Nov. 6, at 9:30). I'll have the Willing Victims with me, plus the Mythocratic Transformation Horns and the legendary Chris Miller (Irma Thomas, Marcia Ball) on guitar.

I call the whole aggravation my Howlin' Ra project. You sort of have to imagine Howlin' Wolf singing Sun Ra arrangements of Bill Monroe songs, backed by Mud Boy and the Neutrons in a Texas roadhouse. All disguised as boogie-woogie blues. But later for the descriptions -- this is good time music. So turn up the treble and bop cat bop. The less you think about it, the more sense it will make.

And once again, I'm happy to say, this show is a CBA co-sponsored event.




No comments: